With all the creative apps available on phones, as well as desktop apps like Pablo and Canva, it's easier than ever to create graphics for your business. People respond more to visuals than just plain text, simply because our brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text - sixty thousand!
Maybe you're wondering where you could implement more design into your business. Here are a few ideas:
- Blog header graphics
- Pinnable images within your blog
- Email templates
- Customized website elements (i.e. - sidebar buttons)
- Customized PDFs to send to clients (i.e. - welcome packages, invoices, etc.)
- Banners (i.e. - to hang at local high school sports fields)
- Window clings
- Postcards (.e. - instead of promoting, send thank you's to clients)
- Slides/banners on your website highlighting an upcoming event
It's obvious that social media is a huge avenue of marketing used by.... everyone. Images are known for getting more shares and engagement than plain text posts. There are several great ways to use great design on social media:
- Infographics (i.e. - the % of people that benefit from your industry's service)
- Customized cover photos for Facebook and Twitter
- Quote graphics relevant to your audience
- Mock-ups or examples of your product in use
- Photos that show behind-the-scenes
- Adapt a popular meme, make it relevant to your business
- Make a quick how-to video
- Twitter cards (set-up instructions)
- Create a more engaging call-to-action
Need more inspiration? Here are some examples of utilizing design in specific industries:
- Post behind-the-scene photos of you at a shoot, or posing with your clients
- Have custom USB's made to match your brand; use these to give your clients a copy of their photos
- Create business cards that highlight your photos on one side
- Real Estate Agents:
- Create fun graphics with seller tips (i.e. - clear clutter to make rooms seem larger)
- Post photos of fun things to do in the community, people love know about events, fun places to hang out, the best places to eat, etc.
- Have custom PDFs designed with a list of info about your area to give to new clients; highlighting stats, local schools, etc.
- Post an Instagram video that shows how to get a certain curl, style, hairdo, etc.
- Promote the styling products and tools you would recommend to clients - either by posting the product itself, or with clients who use it!
- Create a mirror cling that clients can hang on their mirror to remind them when they're due for their next appointment (much like that sticker reminding you to change your car's oil!)